Last weekend, the Philippines was hit by what is said to be one of the strongest typhoons on record to make landfall. Millions are affected, thousands feared dead, and hundreds of families left helpless.
But never hopeless.
The Filipinos had always been resilient people. There is no doubt that we will rebuild. However, even for a country hit by more than 15 typhoons each year, this is one of the worst we’ve experienced and the aftermath is heartbreaking. We need your help.
Below are different ways on how to extend relief to typhoon victims. Even a little goes a long way.
1. UNICEF sent emergency experts and emergency supplies. Click here to support emergency response.
2. World Food Programme is mobilizing to provide emergency food assistance. Click here to donate.
3. CARE is delivering food, water, and shelter to survivors. Click here to donate.
4. OXFAM America has a Typhoon Haiyan Relief and Recovery Fund. Click here to donate.
5. Save the Children has a team in Tacloban focused on bringing blankets and mosquito nets to families. Click here to donate.
6. World Vision accepts donations to buy food items, tents, and emergency kits. Click here to donate.
7. Shelterbox has a team on the ground, initially to assist earthquake survivors, now giving aid to typhoon survivors by helping bring shelter to affected families. Click here to donate.
1. Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is accepting donations and seeking volunteers.
- For cash donations via bank, you may deposit to DSWD Bank Acct. at Landbank of the Philippines Nos. 3122-1011-84 (current) and 3124-0055-81 (savings)
- To help in repacking relief goods, call 8512681 to schedule
- To donate relief goods, deliver to NAIA Chapel Road, Pasay City (at the back of CAAP)
2. ABSCBN Sagip Kapamilya is accepting donations (in cash or in kind) and volunteers. Pledge lines are (02) 411-0183, (02) 411-0182, (02) 411-0115
3. Gawad Kalinga activated Operation Walang Iwanan. Click here to support.
4. Phiippine Red Cross accepts donations via many different platforms. Click here to donate.
5. LBC Branches are accepting donations for Typhoon Yolanda victim until November 30
6. GMA Kapuso Foundation is accepting donations (in cash or in kind) and volunteers. Pledge lines are (02) 9289351 or (02) 9284299
7. Jollibee Foods Foundation is accepting donations via coinbanks in all Jollibee, Chowking, Greenwich, Red Ribbon, Mang Inasal, and Burger King branches. You can also deposit cash or check donations to these accounts:
- PESO ACCOUNT: Metrobank – Cubao Araneta Branch (Account Name: Jollibee Group Foundation – 473-7-47301401-3)
- DOLLAR ACCOUNT:BDO – Megamall BranchAccount Name: Jollibee Foundation, Inc.Account Number: 100661267008Swift Code: BNORPHMM
From a grateful nation, thank you for your help.
Love is louder than helplessness. We are strong. And with your help, we will rebuild.